Association of Arab Universities
Association of Arab Universities with independent legal personality Arab institution based in Amman is the capital city of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. Founded at the initiative of cultural management in the Arab League, which sponsored the convening of the first two seminars for a number of stakeholders in higher education in the Arab world in Benghazi in 1961 and the second in Beirut in 1964 to research in higher education in the Arab world problems, and technical cooperation between Arab universities frameworks. Symposia ended to recommend the establishment of the Union of Arab Universities and approve draft of a proposed system for the foundation of the Union, was adopted by the Arab League Council Resolution No. 2056 at its second session held on 30.09.1964. Followed by the establishment of the General Interim Secretariat of the Union in 1965. In September 1969 the first meeting of the General Conference of the Union held in Alexandria with the participation of 23 Arab League Foundation and turned public interim secretariat to permanent Secretariat-General of the Federation, was elected late Prof. Dr. Morsi Ahmad, Minister of Higher Education in the Arab Republic of Egypt and the president of the University of Cairo, former first secretary-general of the Union.
Objectives Union Message
The message of the Arab Universities Union is to support and coordinate the efforts of Arab universities to prepare a human who is able to serve the Arab nation and the preservation of cultural and civilizational unity and the development of human resources in order to achieve their aspirations, and in particular through:
• Work to be bound by the Arab universities values stemming from the doctrine of Islam and the timeless message that dealing with the Arab and Islamic heritage,
• Work on the Arabic language to be the language of instruction in the universities, with attention to the living languages and seek to unify the definition of scientific terms and interest in the translation,
• Encourage the establishment of research centers and support the conduct joint scientific research and exchange of results and care applied research plans and linking themes of the Arab Economic and Social Development,
• closer cooperation among Arab universities and coordinate efforts among themselves and with regional and international universities and relevant institutions, especially with the times and keep pace with the developments of modern education techniques and patterns,
• support the development of Arab Universities performance and independence of operations and confirm research and academic freedom of the faculty where the body and protect their rights and to strengthen the bonds of cooperation between them,
• Support and stimulate excellence, creativity and encourage joint student activities among Arab universities,
• Cooperation to adjust the quality of the university and higher education and to ensure the quality and strive to achieve mutual recognition of certificates issued by the Arab universities.